Limited Warranty for Parallel Imports
Langya Tech (“we” or “Langya Tech”) carefully selects and sources products from the most highly-rated suppliers (the “Seller”) from developed cities and countries worldwide, and sell these products on the Langya Tech website (“the Site”). This document in conjunction with the Terms of Service in the Site form the entire limited warranty (“Limited Warranty”).
This document summarizes the limited warranty as well as the assistance provided by Langya Tech during the claim of the Limited Warranty by the original purchaser (“you” or the “Buyer”) of the product on the Site. Our Terms of Service covers all other terms of the Limited Warranty. Please read the Terms of Service, including the terms regarding the limitation of liability, carefully for a complete understanding.
Which product is covered by this Limited Warranty?
- For refurbished products (“Refurbished Products”), the products must satisfy all of the following criteria to be covered by this Limited Warranty:
- The product must start with “Refurbished” in its product name,
- The phrase “Authorized Goods” does not appear in the “Warranty & Shipping Information” section in its product page, and
- The phrases “Refurbished Products”, “Parallel Imports” and “limited warranty” must appear in the “Warranty & Shipping Information” section in its product page.
- For products other than refurbished products (“Non-Refurbished Products”), they must satisfy all of the following criteria to be covered by this Limited Warranty:
- The product does not start with “Refurbished” in its product name,
- The phrase “Refurbished Products” or “Authorized Goods” does not appear in the “Warranty & Shipping Information” section in its product page, and
- The phrases “Parallel Imports” and “limited warranty” must appear in the “Warranty & Shipping Information” section in its product page.
Any products satisfied the above criteria (“Product”) are covered by this Limited Warranty.
How long does the coverage last?
This Limited Warranty lasts for 90 calendar days, starting on the date shown on our official receipt or invoice, when "90-day limited warranty" appears in the “Warranty & Shipping Information” section in its product page.
This Limited Warranty lasts for 180 calendar days, starting on the date shown on our official receipt or invoice, when "180-day limited warranty" appears in the “Warranty & Shipping Information” section in its product page.
The duration of the limited warranty, 90 or 180 calendar days, will be defined as the warranty period (the “Warranty Period”).
What is covered by this Limited Warranty?
The Seller warrants only that the Product shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for the Warranty Period defined above, as documented by a valid proof of purchase (e.g. receipt or invoice).
A warranty claim, exchange request or reshipment request will be rejected when:
- No valid proof of purchase (e.g. receipt or invoice) is available,
- For relevant products, the product screen cannot display the IMEI number that matches with the one in the proof of purchase,
- The proof of purchase is altered,
- The product serial number attached to the product has been changed, deleted or removed,
- The proof of purchase provided by you does not match with the one stored in our system, or
- There is no purchase date on the proof of purchase.
The maximum liability under this Limited Warranty shall be restricted to the replacement value of the Product.
What if the Product is faulty upon arrival?
Please inspect the Product upon reception and report to us immediately if
- For Non-Refurbished Products, the Product is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, or
- For Refurbished Products, the Product is not fully functional or does not resemble to what we describe in the product page.
To be eligible for an exchange or reshipment:
- You must report to us, using our Return Form, within 5 calendar days (“Inspection Period”) after the Product has first arrived its delivery destination or pickup point,
- The Product must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with original tags, accessories, documents, and gifts in its original packaging, and
- You’ll need the receipt or proof of purchase.
Please read following sections below to see how to start your return process and how the process may evolve:
- “How do you submit a warranty claim and obtain warranty service?”;
- “What will happen if the claim is justified based on the limited warranty provided by the Seller?”; and
- “What will happen if the Product returned is without a valid warranty claim?”.
As there are costs associated with handling the return, we may charge 10% of the total amount of the returned order, with a minimum of HK$50-equivalent, as the administrative fee. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
After the Inspection Period expires, the Product will fall under the Warranty Period terms.
What is not covered in “defects in materials and workmanship under normal use”?
- The following are excluded from the Limited Warranty:
- Used equipment.
- Computer parts and accessories, unless otherwise specified in the respective item description.
- Products subject to wear through use or other wear and tear.
- Products which have been modified or supplemented.
- Slight deviations from the intended state which do not significantly affect the product’s value or its suitability for use.
- Any consumable parts of the Product (e.g. batteries).
- Software, even if packaged or sold with the Product or embedded in the Product (e.g. firmware and/or system software) (“Seller Software”). Please refer to the applicable licensing agreement, if any, that covers such Seller Software for details of your rights with respect to its use.
- This Limited Warranty does not apply to any:
- damage to the Product caused by abnormal use of the Product, outside the permitted or intended uses described by Seller;
- defects caused as a result of failure to follow the instructions for use or of inappropriate use, exceptional environmental conditions, extraneous operating conditions, excessive strain or a lack of maintenance or care;
- damage to the Product caused by service performed by anyone who is not a representative of Seller;
- damage to the Product caused by use with non-Seller products, including but not limited micro-SIM/nano-SIM adapter cards;
- damage to the Product caused by accident, abuse, misuse, spillage of food or liquid or other external causes, including but not limited to fire or an act of God, such as a flood;
- defects caused by the use of accessories or supplementary or replacement parts which are not original components;
- damage to the Product caused by the use of improper charger, voltage or power supply;
- cosmetic damage to the Product, including but not limited to scratches or dents; or
- defects or parts requiring replacement due to ordinary wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing or paintwork of the Product.
- Recovery and reinstallation of Seller Software programs and user data are not covered under this Limited Warranty. It is your responsibility to backup any data, Seller Software, or other materials you may have stored or preserved on the Product. It is likely that such data, Seller Software, or other materials will be lost or reformatted during the performance of any warranty service, and Seller will not be responsible for any such damage or loss.
- No Seller employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
How do you submit a warranty claim and obtain warranty service?
To submit a warranty claim and obtain warranty service:
- Please fill in our Return Form. Items sent back to us without first filling in the Return Form and receiving a return number from us may not be accepted.
- We’ll ask you more questions to determine your eligibility for your claim under this Limited Warranty. Based on the initial inquiry, if Langya Tech or the Seller believe you may be eligible for the warranty service, we’ll send you an email with instructions and information on how to return the defective Product for further assessment. You understand that such measures do not imply that the Limited Warranty is applicable.
- Please delete all of your personal information in the defective Product before you return it to us as Langya Tech or the Seller may reset the defective Product to the factory defaults. We also do not know who will have access to it on the Seller side during the performance of warranty service. In addition, you may receive a replacement for it.
- Please note that you are required to return the defective Product in its original protective packaging, together with proof of purchase and the return number, to the address specified by us.
- You can return the defective Product to the local drop-off point(s) made available from us. If you are using a courier service instead to return the defective Product to us, you will be responsible for the shipping cost of returning the item. We’ll notify you if we can arrange a return address within the same city or country as in the shipping address of your original order in order to help you save costs.
- By sending the Product, you hereby acknowledge that ownership of the Product is transferred to the Langya Tech or the Seller upon Langya Tech’s receipt of the defective Product.
- Either Langya Tech, the Seller or both will examine the Product to see if the warranty claim is justified or not valid.
What will happen if the claim is justified based on the limited warranty provided by the Seller?
- If the claim is justified based on the limited warranty, you’ll not be required to pay any additional costs to receive the replacement or repaired Product.
- If a defect in the Product arises and a valid claim is received by Seller within the Warranty Period, Seller will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, either (1) repair the Product at no charge, and for Refurbished Products, using new or refurbished replacement parts, (2) for Non-Refurbished Products, exchange the Product with a new product, or (3) for Refurbished Products, exchange the Product with a new or refurbished product that is the same or similar to the Product you purchased. Seller provides no assurance, representation or warranty that any replacement product will be identical to, or will offer the same functionalities as, the Product you purchase from Seller on the Site. Technological advances and Product availability may result in your receiving a replacement with a lower selling price than the original Product. In all cases, comparability of the replacement product with the original Product will be determined by the Seller in its reasonable discretion. If Seller determines it is not reasonable to repair or replace the defective Product, Seller may initiate a refund process and we’ll refund to you the purchase price you paid for the Product.
- In the event of a Product defect, to the extent permitted by law, these are your sole and exclusive remedies. Replacement or repaired products will only be shipped to addresses within the same city as in the original order, and refunds will only be credited to your original method of payment. Any replacement product will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
What will happen if the Product returned is without a valid warranty claim?
Any Product returned to us or the Seller without a valid warranty claim may be rejected by us or the Seller.
If the warranty claim is rejected by the Seller, we’ll review the Product once again after we receive the Product back from the Seller, and one of the following cases will happen:
- If, on contrary to Seller’s verdict, we believe the claim is justified for the Limited Warranty. We’ll seek quote(s) from professional third-party repair service. If you decide to pursue with one of the repair services from the list provided by us, we’ll reimburse you for that repairment with a maximum amount up to 10% of the purchase price of the Product in your original order from the Site. You must send us an electronic copy of the receipt for the repairment in order us to arrange the reimbursement to you. Please note the Limited Warranty of your Product ends immediately after this repairment.
- If we see the Product returned is without a valid warranty claim, we can help to arrange the Product to be delivered back to you, but you’ll be responsible for all the related delivery costs.
This Limited Warranty and any separate agreements whereby we provide you services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
Changes to Limited Warranty
You can review the most current version of the Limited Warranty at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of this Limited Warranty by posting updates and changes to our website. The Limited Warranty of the Product will be governed by the version published at the time when you purchased the Product from us.
Versions in Different Languages
Should this Limited Warranty be executed in multiple languages, the English version of this Limited Warranty represents the understanding between you and us. Any other version is provided as a translation. In the event of conflict between the different versions, the English version of this site will prevail.