Skip to content
The Art of Music Production
What is it about?
Chapter 1: Listening Like A Producer
- Understanding the concepts of listening to music emotionally and technically
- Strategies for maintaining objectivity and discovering musical effectiveness
- Making distinctions on what works and what doesn’t work in a recording
Chapter 2: Identity, Vision, and Intention
- Hone in on your identity as a recording artist
- Refining your vision and intention for your recordings
- Recording and posting a “work tape” of a new piece of music
Chapter 3: Strengthening Musical Productions: Tools & Strategies
- Employing useful techniques for strengthening songs and instrumental tracks
- Skills in prosody, focus, and an intelligent approach to repetition
- Crafting better melodies, writing better lyrics, and constructing a musical form that best suits the emotional contour of your recording
- Principles of getting the most out of feedback on your recordings
Chapter 4: Defining the Sonic Signature of Your Song
- Addressing the sonic signature as it relates to your intention and vision
- Learning about microphone techniques, getting good levels, and mixing with reverb, EQ and compression
- Recording your material with deliberate decisions about the sound of your record
- Posting your recording for peer review according to specific criteria
Chapter 5: Mixing and Mastering Your Recordings
- Techniques for mixing and mastering your recordings to achieve a professional sound
- Principles of EQ and compression, panning, automation, and effects
- Understanding the mastering process and preparing recordings for distribution
- Posting a final recording for peer review and feedback
- Summary of what you have learned throughout the course
- Next steps for further improving your skills in music production
- Resources for further learning and exploration
Interested? Feel free to drop your enquiries!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.